Updated January 31, 2018
1989 to 2017
- Click on one of the links above to open either an abbreviated FHS photo database in table format or the complete FHS newsletter collection.
- A pdf document containing either records with photos or all the FHS newsletters will open (maybe slow due to size)
- Browse or use Find function in your browser to find specific records or subjects
- To download low resolution image use screen capture
- Use browser back arrow to return to this FHS website
- Contact us for high quality images or questions
Additional records and newsletters will be added periodically as we continue to scan our collection. Eventually, we will add pdf files of other scanned documents from our collection. Please contact us if you have questions about a particular photo, would like to correct or add additional information to a description, want a high-resolution image or would like to donate additional photos to the Fitchburg Historical Society. If you download one of our images and make it available in print or electronic form we request you identify the image as coming from the Fitchburg Historical Society, Fitchburg, WI.
Background of Digitization Program
The Fitchburg Historical Society must rely on appointments only for the general public and researchers to view most of our collection due to limited resources. In an effort to make our collection more readily available and to aid in the research of specific Fitchburg history, we are in the process of developing a database listing all items in our collection and will include high-resolution photographs and searchable pdf documents. At this time we have a functional although not final database made in FileMaker Pro and have scanned 800 photographs that have been entered into our database along with descriptions and inventory locations. Financial considerations prevent us at this time from publishing our entire interactive database but we are able to periodically make and publish on our website a pdf document containing an abbreviated table of our records including photographs.
This project was funded in part by a grant-in-aid from Wisconsin Historical Foundation, Inc., administered by Wisconsin Council for Local History, Inc.