Lewis Adams settled on the Adams centennial farm in 1847. The farm was located in the East half of the NW quarter and the North half of the SW quarter of section 29 (1861 plat map above upper left). The latter section was eventually sold leaving the former section as the centennial farm (1955 plat map above upper right). The farm was registered in 1948 as a centennial farm, the first year the award was available in Wisconsin. An old aerial photograph shows the farm buildings (above lower left). The old farmhouse and driveway can still be recognized on a recent satellite image of the farm buildings at 5988 Adams Road (above lower right).