Updated August 4, 2020
1989 to November 2020
See Publications: Newsletters and Books for individual Newsletters
Updated March 5, 2021
- Click on one of the links above to open the FHS Photo Database, the complete FHS Newsletter Collection in pdf format or the FHS Obituary Database.
- The FHS Photo Database contains descriptions of photos and small thumbnail photos for quicker downloading of the database. Click on the thumbnails to quickly bring up larger photos. Use the browser back arrow to return to the database or FHS webpage.
- The Newsletter Database contains all of the FHS Newsletters. This database is large, will load slowly and is best used for searching the complete collection using the browser find function. To look at individual FHS Newsletters click here. To return to the webpage use the browser back arrow.
- Browse or use the Find function in your browser to find specific subjects.
- To download low resolution images use screen capture
- Contact us for high quality images or questions
Additional photos, newsletters and obituaries will be added periodically as we continue to scan our collection. Eventually, we will add pdf files of other scanned documents from our collection. Please contact us if you have questions about a particular photo, would like to correct or add additional information to a description, want a high-resolution image or would like to donate additional photos to the Fitchburg Historical Society. If you download one of our images and make it available in print or electronic form we request you identify the image as coming from the Fitchburg Historical Society, Fitchburg, WI.
Background of Digitization Program
The Fitchburg Historical Society must rely on appointments only for the general public and researchers to view most of our collection due to limited resources. In an effort to make our collection more readily available and to aid in the research of specific Fitchburg history, we are developing a database listing most of the items in our collection and includes high-resolution photographs and searchable documents. At this time we have an easy to use database made in FileMaker Pro and have scanned and entered into the database all our 94 Newsletters, 1126 photographs with descriptions and 1315 obituaries with associated dates, places, names mentioned in the obituaries and cemetery information. Financial considerations prevent us at this time from publishing our entire interactive database but we are able to periodically make and publish on our website pdf documents containing abbreviated information and photographs.
This project was funded in part by a grant-in-aid from Wisconsin Historical Foundation, Inc., administered by Wisconsin Council for Local History, Inc.