The Byrne/Garey centennial farm was first settled in 1864 probably by Thomas Garey (see 1873 plat map section 26). Although the size of the property varied throughout the years, the base farm was located in the west half of the NE quarter of section 26 (1890 and 1955 plat maps, above upper left and right, respectively). The farm was registered as a centennial farm in 1998. The current farm extends to the NE quarter of the NW quarter and much of the east half of the NE quarter. The farm buildings at 5131 Byrne Road are shown in a recent satellite image (above lower left).