Samuel McGaw settled the Carlson/McGaw centennial farm in 1867 (see 1873 plat map section 14). This farm was located in the West half of the NW quarter of section 14 (see 1890 plat map above upper left). This farmland remained the same for over 100 years (1955 plat map above lower left). Frederick and Eileen McGaw Carlson registered the farm as a centennial farm in 1998. The farm was sold to the City of Fitchburg and the bottom half made into McGaw Park as shown by a recent satellite image (above right).