The Fahey centennial farms consist of two properties. James Monks settled the first property in 1867 (see 1873 plat map section 15. This property was located in the South half of the NW and NE quarters and the SW and SE quarters of section 15 (1890 plat map above upper left map). Julia Monks, the daughter of James Monks married John Fahey and the couple obtained the land in the SE quarter of section 15 (1899 plat map above right). This land was registered a centennial farm in 1989 (1955 plat map above lower right map). An old aerial photograph shows the farm buildings (above upper left photograph). The old farmhouse and barn can be identified in a recent satellite image of the farm buildings at 5370 Irish Lane (above upper right image).
The second centennial farm property was owned by Julia Fahey in 1911. The farm is located in the Northeast quarter of the NW quarter of section 22 (1911 plat map above lower left map). This property was registered as a centennial farm in 2011 (2008 plat map above lower right map). The daughter of Thomas Fahey, Kathleen Fahey Harty now owns the property. An old aerial photograph shows the farm buildings (above lower left photograph). The old house can be identified in a recent satellite image of the farm buildings at 5425 Irish Lane (above lower right image).