2880 Commerce Park Dr., Fitchburg, WI 53719
General Communications was started from a television/radio stereo sales and service repair business in the 1940’s.
In 1966, our founder Verne Vlack purchased Evans Radio and TV from the original owner Dick Evans. The original company name was used until 1980 when General Communications was formed to focus on new advancements and technologies in the wireless industry. Also, at this time, a second location in Milwaukee was opened to further expand our territory. In 1987 a new separate location in Fitchburg was opened on Anton Drive. In 2012 more space was again needed and our corporate headquarters was moved to a larger 36,000 sq. ft. facility in Fitchburg serving southern Wisconsin. In 2015 we opened our third location in Eau Claire to serve the northwest region of Wisconsin. We have recently, in 2019, relocated our Eau Claire location to a new larger facility and will also be moving our Milwaukee operation to a new larger location later this summer. It all started with a few employees and now General Communications has grown to over 60 full time loyal employees with some serving for as long as 40 years. It remains a family owned business with the 3rdgeneration working to enhance the safety of our customers and our communities by providing great products and services that make them safer, more secure, smarter and more successful. We proudly service all of the City of Fitchburg’s public safety communications.
General Communications is one of Wisconsin’s largest wireless solution providers for two-way radio communications and emergency vehicle outfitting and lighting. We provide 24 hour on call service from a team of expert technicians. We know the wireless communications industry and we care about our customers.
At General Communications- Your Safety is Our Business!