Location: 5868 County Hwy. M, Fitchburg, WI
On March 7, 1853 R.W. Salisbury and his wife deeded the property, 13-rod square, to the town of Greenfield for the sum of $1.00. Many of Fitchburg pioneer families are buried at this site. Inscriptions on the gravestones provide a history of various wars, epidemics and other family tragedies.
The Fitchburg Cemetery Association turned over ownership of the cemetery and existing documentation to the city of Fitchburg in 1987.
*The text has been taken from the Fitchburg Landmark Preservation Commission website with permission. http://www.fitchburgwi.gov/2156/Landmarks-Preservation