Quarry Hill Dairy Farm

Quary Hill DairyIn 1911, the Quarry Hill Farm, owned by A C Griffin, was on the south side of Lacy Rd. just east of Fish Hatchery and not very far south of what would become Bancroft and Bowman Dairy Farms.  By 1931, Robert C. Eby owned the Quarry Hill Dairy Farm property and was delivering milk to the Kennedy Dairy bottling plant on West Washington Avenue in Madison.

For a general history on the progression of homemade butter and cheese to creameries to dairy farms in Fitchburg click here.

Eby HR