Location: 5329 Lacy Road, Fitchburg, WI
In addition to the current owners, research indicates this property has been owned by at least three others over the years. The Waldron family owned the property in 1873 according to a plat map from that year. Other owners included Alfred Bitney (1890 plat map) and Walter S. Dick (1940 plat map).
The house on the property is a fine example of a frame farmhouse exhibiting characteristics of the late Queen Anne and early Classical Revival styles of architectures. Although somewhat altered on the south and west side, the house retains good architectural integrity in its design and remains very much an archetypical farmhouse of the era.
Also on the site is a gable roofed bank barn with stone foundation and a one-story lean-to addition on the south. The barn is wood framed, rectangular structure with a banked main entrance on the north.
*The photo and text with minor editing has been taken from the Fitchburg Landmark Preservation Commission website with permission. http://www.fitchburgwi.gov/2156/Landmarks-Preservation