Jeff Meyer, Lead Pastor
2833 Raritan Road, Fitchburg, WI 53711
Christ Memorial began in 1952 when Ralph Weinhold, a Missouri Synod minister held a worship service in his basement on Helene Parkway in Madison. In March 1953 the church was chartered and began to grow. They relocated their facilities to Axel Avenue in Madison in 1957 and to their current location at 2833 Raritan Road in Fitchburg in 1976. With their desire to teach young children they established in 1967 one of the first Christian Preschools in the nation. The church was renovated in 1996 to include a new sanctuary and lower level. In 2002 they began lifeGroups, small groups that met in homes for spiritual fellowship. This led to family-led faith development to emphasize the importance of the Christian home and in 2008 the spread of lifeGroups led to a vision of a multi-location church appropriately called the Church. They currently have two locations, the original Fitchburg site and the Church in East Madison at 258 Corporate Drive, Suite 262.