Vroman Sesquicentennial Farm

Vroman 1861 plat.jpg   Vroman 1955 plat.jpg

Vroman aerial LR.jpg   Vroman Satellite.jpg

The farm originally settled in 1839 by Joseph Vroman is located in the NW quarter and Eastern half of the SW quarter of Section 20 and a South portion of the SW quarter of section 17 (1861 plat map above top left). The farm was registered as a centennial farm in 1948 (1955 plat map above top right) and a sesquicentennial farm in 1998. An old aerial photograph shows the farm buildings at 2387 S. Seminole Highway (above lower left). Several of the farm buildings seen in the aerial photograph can be identified in a recent satellite image (above lower right).