Patrick Barry House
1722 S Fish Hatchery Rd, Fitchburg, WI
Patrick Barry was the son of Michael and Mary Barry and brother of Philip and Garret Barry. Born in the early 1840s, he married Catherine Gorry in 1886 (born 1861) and by 1890 owned the southeast quarter of section 33 (160 acres). This land had been owned by W H True in 1873. Their house was built in 1890 and had a Queen Ann architecture. Patrick died in 1932 and Catherine died in 1934. They are buried in St Mary’s Cemetery, Oregon, WI. They had no children.
By 1947 Stanley Anderson owned the Barry property. The Anderson family appeared to own the property until at least 2003 when the house was listed in trust and Russel Anderson owned the surrounding property. The house was sold in 2007 and again in 2012.